Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

Ingredients:
Chicken Breasts
Salt and Pepper
Chicken Broth (1-2 cans)
BBQ Sauce (I use Jack Daniels)
Sourdough bread rolls
Lettuce/Tomatoes (and/or whatever you like to put on a sandwich)


Directions:

  • Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
  • Place in a slow cooker with 1-2 cans chicken broth and set on low for 6-7 hours.
  • Take chicken out and place in a bowl. Shred with a fork. Mix in your favorite bbq sauce until its a bit goopy. 

Something I didn't do but would do next time: warm up the bbq sauce. Adding cold sauce cooled down the chicken, otherwise it came out really tasty! 

3 comments:

  1. Mmm....looks soooo good! I like how you keep recipes simple and straight-forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not have the attention level for complicated dishes. If I read a recipe that ends up having PARAGRAPHS of instructions, my eyes glaze over. I have the time, just not the patience!

      Delete
    2. Same here, sister! Same goes for recipes that list a TON of ingredients or about twelve different spices before we even get to the food-type ingredients. And if there is something listed I don't recognize - that recipe will never happen. Because - "ain't nobody got time fo 'dat."

      Delete