Monday, February 2, 2015

Not dressing like a grown lady...

Found a link to an article "24 Things Women Should Not Wear After 30" and seeing as I'm a thirty-something year old gal, I had to click on it. Tell me what I'm doing wrong internet! 

As it turns out, I'm only wearing 5 out of 24 of the offending items, so not as bad as I thought. Here are my wardrobe sins according to this list:

24. Graphic Tees: You can pry those from my cold, dead hands.  Not going to give those up any time soon! I will be 80 years old and still sporting these. In fact, my husband just bought me a new one from a site he just found, super excited over it! And it was only $11 :)

18. Over-sized Sunglasses: I like sunglasses that cover a good portion around my eyes, I feel it gives better sun coverage! Not sure exactly what constitutes "oversize" in this case though.

8. American Eagle: But I love their boot-cut jeans! They come in a short inseam!

6. Old Sneakers: My converse will go through all the stages of worn. Not sorry.

2. Abercrombie & Fitch: Really? This is my other go to for jeans! Taking away all of my options here.

Once I find a clothing store that has jeans that fit me the way I like, and are in a "reasonable" price range, I'm not really interested in trying to keep finding new jeans. Already spending $40 on a pair of jeans on sale from A&F seems expensive. Jeans from other, more "grown up" places can get so pricey!

Anybody else wearing items they "shouldn't" be wearing?

8 comments:

  1. So I just read why you're blog is called it's like a potato...kinda love it!

    p.s converse rules.

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope converse never goes out of business because then I will have no shoes to wear. That isn't true, I have lot's of shoes, but I seem to always choose the converse.

      I'm glad I put a FAQ because it is an odd blog name for a non food blog :)

      Delete
  2. Screw that list -- I LOVE MY OVERSIZED SUNGLASSES!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT? wear what you love!!! i still love reading those lists though, even if i disagree with them :)

      Delete
  3. I'm with you - you can have my graphic tees when you pry 'em from my cold, dead hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried to wear other types of tops, but I keep going back to my trusty tees :)

      Delete
  4. I read that article a while ago and all it did was piss me off. I'm not a dairy product, I don't expire (or rather didn't expire) at 30!!! In the words of Cartman from South Park, "Screw you, I'm'a do what I want."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right??? I feel like these lists are trying to suggest we all have the same type of careers and lifestyles... but I don't have a job where pencil skirts and heels make sense, and I'm okay with that :)

      Delete