Monday, February 23, 2015

Keyword Searches: Potato Addition

It's potato mania I tell ya!

it's like a potato: i'm going to guess this is 99.99% from people that know of my blog and just don't have me bookmarked in any way. this shows up fairly often and is one of the main searches. i haven't included it before because it's just not that interesting on it's own. but part of a whole potato list? than it gets bumped up to marginally interesting.

it's a potato: either a miss-key of my blog name, or...?

potato perfume: ha, like smells like potatoes or has a potato base? what do potato blossom smell like? does a potato plant have blossoms? my potato knowledge is seriously lacking here.

potato week 2015: what??? there's a potato week??? (ha looked it up and there is a potato expo but it's totally not really the fun part of potatoes. like eating them. its the business side of it like pesticides and exports.)

feeling like a potato: akin to the previous sleeping like a potato? similar to being a couch potato? or more literal like feeling pudgy, dimpled, and dirty?

7 comments:

  1. I liked the "feeling like a potato" one best. What's funny is when I read that I was like - there are so many ways to feel like a potato! Like, you just feel round and shapeless, or lazy, or...so many things. Also: potato perfume? Odd. I understand the desire to make things smell like yummy foodstuffs, so I could get behind "french fry candles" or something...but potato perfume just seems like you'd smell like peeled potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, "peeled potatoes" is exactly what I was thinking! not an unpleasant smell but not really a yum inducing smell either.

      Delete
  2. Hehe, well potatoes DO indeed have flowers! I grew potatoes(accidentally, they were supposedly bad and not completely composted when I decided to try to garden) once and they bloomed.
    They were stupid easy to grow too, I enjoyed a lot of potatoes that summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I think things that grow on accident grow better than things on purpose! How did you know when the potatoes were ready to harvest?

      Delete
    2. Get this - one time I had half an onion in my fridge - I just threw it in the vegetable drawer by itself and didn't wrap it. (Drinking while making mexican food is fun!) - I forgot about it until a long time later and opened the drawer and the shoots coming off of it were over a foot long. (I have pics somewhere.) I was so excited at the prospect of growing my own onions, I googled how to grow it and buried it in my outdoor planter and waited happily and it died within like, a week. I don't think this says good things about my ability to grow plants.

      Delete
    3. Becky - I think we share the same level of gardening prowess.....

      Delete