Thursday, January 29, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Britney Spears Play

Found a some random old photos on my laptop that I haven't used for my blog. I wore this ridiculous hat when I went to see a play about Britney Spears (I think two or three years ago?). I need to find more reasons to wear this thing. Right now it resides on my computer desk, on my mannequin head.

The play was so much fun! I love going to see musicals, I really need to make a point of seeing more. I took photos with the cast members; as a self proclaimed shy, introvert; sometimes I surprise myself.
I went with my friend and her sister and another lady. My friend's sister sneaked in shots of tequila in her purse. I think she even had ice to keep it chilled. Those two are so inventive on their silliness! 
My friend LOVES LOVES LOVES all things Britney, and I hope to get to Vegas with her so we can catch her show there. I know it's a hot mess, but that is kind of what makes Britney Britney.
I love participating in my friends random passions, it keeps life interesting. If you only do what you think you like, you are missing out on so much! I may never had thought to go to this play, but I'm so glad that I did. The music and costumes were stellar, and the idea behind it was clever.

4 comments:

  1. This is the kind of thing that would be super fun - as long as you were doing it with friends. I confess: I have this weird enjoyment of Britney that I don't even understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is strangely interesting, I use to be super non-trend and shunned anything popular, but I have tried to get over that. My one friend is SUPER into britney and I have come to appreciate britney through her. I think that is what opened the doors to my Katy Perry love... i'm still not a huge fanatic of Katy, I know next to nothing about her personally... my britney spears friend is also a katy perry fanatic and watches all her interviews... to be fair my friend is just super into most celebrities :) i just can't be bothered to figure out that much about someone i don't really know.

      Delete
  2. I adore the red hot mess that is Britney Spears! I used to be totally in the closet with my love of all things pop, but I learned to embrace it and I'm happier for it.

    I love that hat! And your shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the older I get, the more I care less about such things :) It's fun to have guilty pleasures!

      Delete