Thursday, September 18, 2014

New front door!

 I just love some before and afters! What a difference!
A real door handle? Is this real life?
The reason why I chose this color for the front door is to try to tie in the kitchen colors, since the living-room, dining room, and kitchen are essentially one room. I think it works? I'm pretty happy with the result. I am so glad I have Neil to help me because I really make the decision process more painful than I think it needs to be. It helps to really communicate what my end goal is. Of course I have to try to figure out what that is... 

Neil is pretty awesome at visualizing things in advance, I need time and actual items to manipulate in front of me. We went to several stores to look at doors so that he could get an idea of what I liked. Of course the first door I like is like a billion dollars. He was like, um, you really like this one? I was like yeah, uh wait, how much is it? 2000 dollars??? Yeah, hellz no. So Neil went online to find a cheaper version. I think this one was less than $800.
 One step at a time, ugly house gets less ugly!

5 comments:

  1. Yay!!! As soon as your page loaded I actually exclaimed out loud, "She got a new door!!!" I think you picked a good one; I definitely like how it ties into the kitchen cabinets. Fixing up a house sure is a process (unless you have a bazillion dollars to throw at it)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah having to consider a budget vs what you like can be difficult. But for me, I think I just get overwhelmed with all the choices and all the things you need to consider for something as (seemingly) simple as a door. I had to not only consider how it would look on the inside, but outside too... to house colors that i hadn't even decided yet! Ugh.

      Delete
  2. I was so happy for you when I saw this post and couldn't wait to read it - the whole house is looking really beautiful and coming together nicely. :) Good work, you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm working on house colors right now, the side of the house has patches of paint on it :) I just have to be able to visualize things in real form, I can't just think it.

      Delete
  3. That looks like 2 completely different doors, cannot believe you managed to get it to look that cool without investing a lot of money, this might be the perfect weekend project for my wife and I to do to make some memories together, thank you for giving us the idea, it will soon be implemented and done, keep it up.

    Earl Mark @ Eastway Lock

    ReplyDelete