Wednesday, September 17, 2014

3rd Wedding Anniversary: Leather

Year number three!
My roommate/coworker suggested that I go all fifty shades of grey on this years gift, but yeah, I don't think so. 

I did a quick search online and there were some good ideas but my husband didn't need any of the obvious ones like a wallet or belt.

I really didn't want to just buy something just for the sake of fulfilling this theme, I wanted it to be something useful. Why does my husband have to be so hard to shop for???

So I thought, what if there is just leather in the name and it's not actually a leather item in itself? You know, like I did with cotton?

First idea: fruit leather. That would be a gift for me, not him. Try again.

English leather: the soap. No idea how it smells, he is kind of particular on his soap.

Got it! Leather wipes for the new car! Since the seats are leather! Yes!
 That is a pretty lame gift by itself, but I already had been pinning gift ideas for him this year to be more prepared. He had commented earlier that he wanted art to hang at work so he could make a gallery wall not unlike what you see on IT Crowd (awesome show by the way).

For his birthday I had gotten him a captain american manatee canvas print. Manatee is an inside joke so I didn't think I needed to bother putting my name on it, I just sent it to his work. He didn't get it right away. His text to me was "did you send me a manatee?" Uh, hello! Who else???
So again, my anniversary gift also took awhile. It's the Spanish rap from Community (another awesome show). But he started reading it in parts, and was like, "This is in Spanish?"....

And the leather wipes: "But we don't have a leather couch?"

I think maybe I need to stop being so "clever" ;)

He liked both gifts once he figured it out though, so no worries. Like he says: "I got there".

Next year is fruit and flowers... That is going to take some thinking.

2 comments:

  1. Clever - and it's fun that you actually stick with the traditional gift - my hubby and I usually just exchange books of some kind. I get a novel and he gets a graphic novel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh but I like your tradition, its more personal!

      Delete