Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Recipe: Spring Rolls

 You can pretty much put whatever you want in these things, just cut it into match sticks and there you go. You don't have to keep it vegetarian either. It's basically a wrapped salad.*
Here is the list of what I used:
grated carrot
cucumber
bell pepper
apple
cilantro
mint

So for the rice paper, you need to submerge it into water for about 30 seconds (or until it's not stiff), then quickly lay it flat and arrange your items like in Step 1.

Fold the left and right side in first, then the bottom lip. Tuck everything tight, and roll it to the end. This "paper" will be very sticky!


My Sauce
Because I'm a dairy girl, I made a "spicy" sour cream sauce to go with mine. I think a soy sauce or peanut one is usually used.
Ingredients:
sour cream
jalapeno
bell pepper
lime juice
salt
cilantro

I put the jalapeno, the ends of my bell pepper (it was too curly so I had to cut the ends to make them more straight), and cilantro into the food processor. I then mixed it into some sour cream and seasoned to taste with the salt and lime juice.

*Some examples of other food items you could use:
Chicken
Shrimp
Steak
Mango
Bean Sprouts
Basil
And so many more! Get creative :)

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha my most favorite thing about this post? That you said "other food items you could use" - as opposed to the regular things people put in spring rolls, like marbles, sand, etc. lol Sorry I am getting too tired. I would probably use soy sauce because I am a soy sauce type. I like rice with soy sauce. Mmm....soy sauce rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! i did word it weird :)
      my husband is a soy sauce fiend too, we go through so much! he always jokes we should get the huge container from costco.

      Delete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...