Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Verdita: Tequila Chaser


I've been wanting to make this little drink that you gulp before a shot of tequila. Its like the opposite of a chaser. Something a litle different than the salt and lime.
So, my mistake was choosing not to strain it. I just thought it would be better with all the little pieces! Not a great idea at all. You really can't take a shot of little mini particles, it's a choking hazard! What was I thinking??? Please strain yours, or if you don't, just sip it.

Despite that, I found it pretty tasty and refreshing. I think this is a great way to try to stay hydrated while you drink.

The recipe isn't real exact, this is from the website:

1 bunch (handful) of cilantro
1 can (46 oz) pineapple juice
1/2 bunch of mint
3 jalapenos

Blend, strain, serve.
Okay, so this is what I did because I wasn't making enough for a party:

1/2 cup pineapple juice
6 leaves of mint
4 stems worth of cilantro (I think I needed more of this and a little less mint)
1/2 jalapeno
(I also rimmed the shot glass with salt.)

I would suggest to keep adding more cilantro until the mixture gets a nice green color. And really you should strain it! I will be making this again, hopefully when I have guests over. I'm thinking this is something that I can make ahead and chill.


2 comments:

  1. You are so much braver than I am! No way I would ever drink this. Intense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really wasn't very spicy, so that was a nice surprise :)

      Delete