Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pico de Gallo

This recipe isn't very exact, it's more of a proportion type thing, depending on how much you are going to make and how much of everything you like.
Ingredients: roma tomatoes
cilantro
onion (red or white)
garlic
lime
salt


here is my process:

I like to dice my tomatoes (I used two) first, then mix in the diced onion (I ended up using half a small white onion). I also chop the onion a little smaller than the tomato. Once that looks about even to me, I start to add the minced cilantro. I add enough until it looks like everything is coated. I put one garlic clove and half a jalapeno (i'm a big baby with heat!) in the food processor than add that to the tomato mixture. Add in the lime juice (I used half a lime) and a bit of salt. I usually like to make this in advance so that the flavors have time to meld.

No comments:

Post a Comment