Monday, April 14, 2014

The Water Bear (aka Tardigrades but Water Bear is OH SO MUCH BETTER)

I was so happy these little creatures made an appearance on an episode of the Cosmos! I love these things! They look like little potatoes with legs :) Totes adorbs, ya'll! I was first introduced to them in my biology class a few years ago and I was just infatuated with them.
They aren't just cute either, they are super amazeballs. They can survive IN SPACE for crying out loud. I was probably annoying my husband during the show because even after they were done talking about the water bears, I would answer all of Neil Degrasse Tyson's questions with:
Water Bear???
MEGA Water Bear???
All the water bearrrrrssss!
Okay. Thats it. 
Oh and you can get a water bear plush at ThinkGeek.

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap! I had no idea this thing existed. I feel like my "dork" card should be revoked. :( I first saw the pic in my bloglovin' feed and I was like "What kind of newfangled freaky water bottle is THIS?" Now I'm educated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This thing is amazing! You have to watch Cosmos with Neil Degrasse Tyson!!! It can survive in the vacuum of space for TEN DAYS!

      WAAAAAAAATERRRRRR BEEEEAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!

      Delete