It seemed a bit plain with just the whiskey sauce so I added some raspberries.
I am very happy with how this turned out. This is something I wouldn't be embarrassed to make for other people. It tasted good and looked good :)
Next time I will make some whipped cream and a warm raspberry compote in addition to the sauce. I think that would really make this stellar!
2 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 TB vanilla
1/2 ts ground cinnamon
4 cups dried bread cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add bread and toss together, letting the bread soak a bit. Transfer to a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. To check if it's done, insert a toothpick in the middle and if it comes out clean, time to take it out.
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 beaten egg yolk
2-3 TB Bourbon
- Melt butter over medium low heat.
- Add sugar, egg yolk, and 1 TB of bourbon
- Stir constantly for about five minutes or until the sugar is all dissolved and the mixture boils.
- Remove from the heat and mix in additional bourbon (1-2 TB. I added two because I love whiskey)