Monday, April 21, 2014

Intimacy through Hand Gestures

I believe that all couples have conversational quirks, a secret language as it were, that includes inside jokes, code words, pet names, facial expressions, and gestures. Hang around any couple that have been together for awhile and you will see what I mean. I find these idiosyncrasies absolutely adorable! Its so funny how it just develops on its own, without anyone really noticing.

My husband and I are no exception. I may not notice all the things we do, but I am aware of a few.

I am going to show you a few hand gestures that I do towards my husband. These are usually done when passing each other in a room or sitting in the car when we/I am not interested in conversation but want to acknowledge his presence if we make eye contact. Like when he is playing a video game and I'm just passing by. Does that make sense? I don't know why these are so violent :)

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha fun. I loved how the kitty in the background was like "are we playing a game?" (At the grenade part.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I call her my shadow monkey :) She is almost always where ever I am. She has a game where she tries to race me up the stairs even if I have a "head" start, which can be almost disastrous as I try not to trip over her.

      Delete