Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Recipe: Creamy Garlic Pasta

This made a really lovely sauce. I have been looking for recipe replacements for Pasta Roni and this is a winner in my book!

My changes: I added a handful of pre-cooked and crumbled bacon (as a last thought), and I used vegetable broth instead of chicken stock.
Ingredients:
2 t olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 T butter (I used unsalted)
1/4 t salt
1/2 t pepper
3 cups vegetable broth (or chicken stock)
8 ounces pasta of your choice
1 cup Parmesan, grated
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 T parsley, chopped

Directions:
(This is a one pot dish so make sure it is going to be big enough)
In a pot, heat up the oil over medium low heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 1-2 minutes and then add the butter. Add the salt, pepper, and vegetable broth. Change the heat to high and let the mixture come to a boil. Add the pasta and follow the box instructions for how long to cook. This is probably going to be from 9-12 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and mix in Parmesan cheese until melted. Turn off heat and mix in cream, parsley, and pre-cooked bacon.

I didn't want the bacon to get soggy, so I thought adding it towards the end would work, which I feel like it did. Next time I might try to add it with the garlic and butter, I'm not sure on that thought yet.

(This is the recipe that I followed)

2 comments:

  1. Looks really good! - I freaking love garlic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't live that far from Gilroy (nicknamed the garlic capital of the world) and I love it when I am downwind during harvest. I might have a problem!

      Delete

link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...