Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Baked Eggs

I made these for New Years Day brunch, which was a bit of an impromptu thing, but I think I want to make a tradition of this! Starting off my day/year with something yummy was really fantastic. This was my first time attempting to bake an egg and I really liked how it came out. I cooked them just a little too long, so next time I will fix that. I do want to try this recipe again!

My fails:

  • My husband didn't want all the "junk", he just wanted the egg so I really overcooked his. I only had two eggs, so I couldn't try again! Next time I am going to put two or three eggs in his and put it in for less time.
  • I broke my egg yolk when I cracked it into my dish, sad face.

Ingredients:
Butter (I used unsalted)
Tomatoes
Parsley (I used curly)
Bacon (Pre-cooked, crumbled)
Salt and Pepper
Egg
Cream
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Grease your ramekins with butter
  • Mix your tomatoes, parsley, and cooked bacon (or whatever mixture you want) with salt and pepper and place in the ramekins
  • Break up half a tablespoon of butter into each ramekin
  • Break an egg into each dish
  • Pour a tablespoon or so of cream over each egg
  • Sprinkle with salt and pepper
  • Bake for 10-15 minutes
I served mine with toasted sourdough bread. 

Here is the recipe that I followed.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing, and really easy. I'm always looking for new breakfast ideas, and I bet if I baked it long enough, Jack would be able to eat this pretty easily, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely cooked my husbands long enough to be safe for a child! This recipe is nice because you can work with whatever you might have in the kitchen at the time, and you can cook multiple eggs at once.

      Delete