Thursday, January 30, 2014

Just went to the Dentist :)

Going to the dentist is like a spa day for your mouth.

I'm being serious.

I love going to the dentist.

I know I am probably the only person on the planet to say that...

Even when they drill, poke, and puncture, I love them still.

I have gone to the dentist even when I haven't had insurance. I paid in full to get my bi-yearly check-ups.

Plus they give you an array of goodies at the end of your visit: toothbrush, floss, mini toothpastes... It's like a favor bag for your mouth party!

I am really being completely honest, I don't drag my heels about going. Part of me feels that my parents spent so much money on my teeth, it would be a waste to not go now. Another: your teeth is really instrumental to your daily life.  A tooth ache is no joke and can really effect the quality of your life. Eating is an essential part of every day, and your teeth are involved. This should make your teeth a top priority!

And the other part... I must be a masochist because I really just enjoy going. I love my dentist and my hygienist and the receptionist. They are really awesome :)

Even though next week I have to go again because one of my old fillings is falling apart and that tooth is going to need a crown. I was not so great about my dental hygiene as a kid, so I have a TON of fillings. You would think that would have made me hate going to the dentist with the Novocain shots (ugh) and endless drilling... but nope.

I'm not excited that I need a crown... That feels like old people territory. I knew this day was coming though because that filling was on the "watch" list and he did tell me that it was going to need one some day. I was just hoping "some day" was going to be, like, age fifty.

Oh, and here is a photo I took of my older sister when she just got her braces off for the second time. I am an awful sister :)

9 comments:

  1. I don't mind the dentist. I always feel weird about my double chin. But other than that, I don't really mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a boogie in my nose this time which was making me feel awkward :/

      Delete
  2. I'm ashamed to admit I have only been to the dentist twice in my life. No cavities that I know of (knock on wood), but I'm afraid if I go now they'll find something wrong with my teeth. I know I should go......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could be one of the lucky ones who has really awesome teeth. My husband never has anything wrong with his when he goes: he flosses and brushes and that is all he needs. Unfortunately for me: I have so many fillings from my youth of being neglectful so I need to monitor those.

      Delete
  3. It's rare to see people like you who are not remotely afraid of dentists! While having engaging hygienists and receptionists help, it's important to go to the dentist with the purpose of getting healthy teeth.
    Florence Sparks @ DentistKelowna.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do enjoy going! Most people I've met are either "meh" or hate it, it's more of a chore for most people. It is really important health-wise though!

      Delete
  4. Frequenting the dentist isn't a bad idea. It secures that your teeth are of good health, and that it avoids potential cavity infection that may lead to serious operations in order to remove. You're not a masochist! Is it wrong to take care of one's self? Thanks for sharing!

    Thanh Arnett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting :) This is what I try to tell my husband (that going is good for preventative care) because he sometimes feels it's a waste of time if they don't find anything wrong.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing this great article, I really enjoyed the insign you bring to the topic, awesome stuff!

    Dentist Edgewater

    ReplyDelete