Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Bentos: December 2013

 Caprese Salad (fresh mazzarella, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper), kiwi slices, portebella mushroom chunks, peanut M&Ms
Insides from my potato skins topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, tomatoes, green onions, bacon (I bought a bag of pre-cooked, already crumbled bacon from Costco that I keep in the freezer), sour cream, and a clementine 

I may not have made very many photogenic bentos this month, but I was able to do a red/green/white theme for the two that I did manage to photograph. And one of them was vegetarian, hooray :) I try to make at least one lunch and dinner a week a no-meat meal.

I have been failing so badly at keeping fresh produce in the house, I really didn't go grocery shopping very often so most of my lunches were very bland looking (and unfortunately left over pizza a few times, who wants to see that?).

2 comments:

  1. I swear, one of these days I'm going to get my bento on. Really.

    BTW, I nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Do with it what you will.

    http://thereinventionofjessica.blogspot.com/2014/01/sunshine-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if you only do a bento once a month, I feel its a great way to utilize leftovers. I recommend using these: http://www.amazon.com/EasyLunchboxes-3-compartment-Containers-BPA-Free-Easy-Open/dp/B004UIRUJ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389151242&sr=8-1&keywords=plastic+bento+set+of+four

      That way you don't have to worry about trying to do dishes every night (cause I don't!). Just make sure whatever you pack is all one temp: all cold or all hot because since it is all connected its hard to separate if you need to put some in the microwave.

      And thank you so much for the nomination!!! That is so sweet of you!

      Delete