Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Rosemary Baked Chicken

My first real meal in my new oven! I was thinking my husband would want to eat some which is why I made a whole chicken. He didn't (still on his not eating dinner diet) so... Lots of leftover chicken for my lunches. He did eat the skin though, this recipe makes fantastic crispy skin.

I butterflied the chicken, which is where you just cut out the backbone and flatten out the chicken. There are plenty of videos online to show you how to do it. This makes it cook faster, more even, and provides more crispy skin! Can I say crispy skin a few more times?

Ingredients:
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter (softened)
1 tablespoon (or so, I really didn't measure it) rosemary (or whatever you want to use like thyme, oregano etc)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Mix salt, cornstarch, and rosemary together; set aside.
Butterfly your chicken, pat dry.
Rub the skin with the butter then season with salt mixture.
Cook for about 35-45 minutes (but definitely check at 35), and let the chicken rest for at least 10 minutes before carving.
I served mine with mashed potatoes and raw spinach. This was a very large portion! Next time I will not be making a WHOLE FRICKIN' CHICKEN for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment