Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Roasted Portebella Mushrooms

These did NOT photograph well with my phone. They were tasty, I promise.

Husband: What did you make?
Me: It's like a mushroom pizza.
Husband: (Intrigued) Oh, yeah? Whats on it?
Me: Well... Instead of bread I used mushrooms, with pasta sauce, and the cheese isn't really cooked, more like a salad...
Husband: So, not like a pizza at all.
Me: Well, it has sauce and cheese. Pizza.

Okay not pizza.

Ingredients:
2 portabella mushrooms
Pasta Sauce, a few spoon fulls
Fresh Mozzarella (I was really hoping to find them in the mini ball form but they only had the larger size at my store. Maybe the small ones are just a summer item?)
Basil leaves (I used about four)
4 cloves Garlic, minced
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Clean up the mushrooms, remove the caps. Rub with olive oil and sprinkle all sides with salt and pepper. Spoon in your pasta sauce. Top with some of the minced garlic.

Place in oven and cook for about 25 min.

In a bowl mix together 1 tb of olive oil and the rest of the minced garlic (skip this if garlic isn't really your thing!). Toss in cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Spoon salad on top of mushrooms.

This is roughly the recipe I used with some changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment