Monday, November 4, 2013

Oktoberfest at the House

 My friends and I decided to infiltrate my husbands football day with Oktoberfest! There was still football of course :) 

I added chopped cheese to the table in case my fondue wasn't that great. People ended up dipping the cheese cubes into the fondue which I found more amusing than I should have. Cheese covered cheese! Hahaha! No? Just me then? Okay...
 I made the beer-cheese fondue and my friends made the sausages and onions. I wish my husband liked onions because that combination is DELICIOUS. 
This mustard was amazingly good! Loved it. Going to have to get some for myself! I will just have to add it to the half dozen other mustards I have. I love my mustard :)
I really love doing themed lunches/dinners/parties! Will have to come up with more ideas. 
Also: I think I'm starting to like beer! Ahh. Just barely though. It's one of those foods that you have to keep trying and before you know it you start to like it. I had some Blue Moon Ale with my fondue.

6 comments:

  1. Ho-ly Mon-keys that looks delicious! I want this in my belly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I hope to do this again next year, so yummy :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Heather your camera work looks great! I love the picture of the mustard bottle! Also great job on the text overlay =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting a little better, I am noticing a difference from my camera phone when I make the effort.

      Delete
  3. Cheese dipped in cheese, FTW!!!

    Themed parties are the best......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like theming my parties! Makes it more special somehow :)

      Delete