Saturday, November 2, 2013

Caturday: Toki Again...

This is poor Tokidoki's paw after being chased by the neighbors dog. You cannot really tell, but she broke ALL OF HER CLAWS. She was suppose to be in the backyard, but had jumped the fence into the front yard. 

Big puppy wasn't on a leash and chased her, and she tried to go to the front door but the gate was closed. Puppy (I say puppy but I don't know the age of the dog. It's big, at least 70 pounds) was chasing her so fast he RAN INTO THE DOOR. She panicked and tried to climb up the trees on the side, but they are super vertical with no side branches and really smooth bark. Neil found her, and her legs were shaking so much trying to keep her balance between two of the trees. 

Oh my poor Toki! Only two in the back looked bloody, not actively bleeding, so we decided to wait to see if she needed to go to the vet. I gave her a small amount of the pain medication that we had gotten for Soya just so she could sleep a little. She was walking fine by the next day but I still gave her more pain medication when we got home from work. We kept a careful eye on her claws to make sure there was no infection, and there wasn't any, thank goodness!

When I told my friend, she asked me if she was the same cat that got trapped in the garage and I said yes. My friend said that if Toki were a person, she would be a very hot, but very stupid, blond (blond because of her fur, not because we are hating on blonds!) girl. I think I have to agree. She is the girl that gets tied to train tracks and has to be saved by a white knight!


Happy Caturday? I hope everyone else's cats are more collected and would know to jump back over the fence!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, poor baby! Glad she's doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She gets herself in some dumb situations... I wish our neighbor had his dog on a leash! There are so many cats in the neighborhood that the dog could try to chase :/

      Delete
  2. Poor little kitty! At least it wasn't too serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We checked online to see what a vet could do for her and the only things were to cut her shredded nails, and wrap up her legs. We figured she really wouldn't like that, so as long as there wasn't any new blood, or sign of infection we kept her at home. I'm just glad I had some pain medication on hand for her!

      Delete