Thursday, October 3, 2013

My Mad Fat Diary: Season 1

Wow, so many feels! I really enjoyed this series, even though if I'm being completely honest, some of the characters have some pretty thick accents and it's hard for me to understand everything they say. But this is definitely one of my guilty pleasure shows, my teenage soap I guess. Something my husband is not interested in!

This is an English show based in the 90's, following a teenage girl after she is released from the hospital psychiatric ward. I'm not much of one for sentimental shows, or ones centered around teenagers (getting too old to relate, bleh) but this one really hooked me. I found this after I was watching another British show: Supersize vs Superskinny (they have a kids version as well. I like both!). Why am I getting hooked on their health/weight issue shows???

I'm glad they will be having a second season for My Mad Fat Diary. I think I read that it should be released next year (2014). I really suggest giving it a go, there are only six episodes about 45 min each. The music is quite nice too, totally reminds me of what I was listening to in the 90's when I was a teenager. I had my younger sister watch the first episode and she binged on the whole season in one day.


Here is the first episode (you can find all of the episodes on YouTube):

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I will add this to my list of shows to check out. :) I can't wait for the third series/season of "Sherlock." Benedict Cumberbatch is so delicious as Holmes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love me some Sherlock! One of my coworkers wanted me to watch Elementary... but the British one is just so much better! I watched the episode of Elementary that they did in England, and is was very... American. Sherlock is just so much better :D

      Delete