Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Steampunk Party Favors

These were my favorite things to make for my Steampunk Halloween Tea Party! I just adore making favors, I think that's my favorite part of party planning.

I had the idea to fill jars with candy, but I was having the hardest time deciding what jars from Save on Crafts (hard meaning I wanted to buy them all! That site has the best stuff). The deciding factor was once I figured our the label situation. I was able to find some super cool apothecary stickers on Ebay, and there were so many different styles to choose from! I was almost thinking I was going to have to design my own, but nope. Yay for easy :)

I bought one package of Halloween ones and one package of Steampunk themed ones. These helped me figure out that I would need bottles that were fairly tall vs the short bulbous "mana" looking bottles I was kind of thinking of getting. 

At first, I was looking for keys in a larger size, but these little tiny ones ended up being perfect!

Steampunk Party Favors


  • Glass Bottles | Save on Crafts
  • Key Charms | Paper Crafts (this is the closest that I can find online from Joann. I had purchased the tiny keys from the Paper Craft catalog I had gotten in the mail)
  • Labels | eBay
  • Candy | M&M's and Skittles (not mixed! I am not a monster!)
  • Twine | I think I bought these from Michaels

I can't vouch for my parties being amazing, but at least you know you will leave with something cool! Everyone just loved them. I had a few extras for some people at work, and they loved them as well...except I had to try to explain what "Steampunk" was, gah. Not sure if I was too successful on that front. I pretty much just said to think of the film "Wild Wild West", that seemed to make the most sense to them.

6 comments:

  1. I wish I was going to be at this party just to get one of those - very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you lived in the area you would totally be invited, no joke! I feel like you and your husband would fit right in :)

      Delete
  2. I'm reading your posts backwards and my head just exploded. I <3 steampunk! And also wish I was going to be at this party....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my bloggy friends are too far :/ Otherwise I would love to add more people to the mix!

      Delete
  3. I'm making them for an event just because they are so, so cool! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete