Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Steam-punk Train Ticket Clerk

So why a Steam-punk train ticket clerk? Well, I wanted to be steam-punk something this year, but I wasn't sure what. Then I got to thinking: everyone always picks super cool careers for their characters, but there has to be mundane careers in that world too. Someone has to sell those tickets to those trains! 

This is everything but the hat:
Meet Edith Quinn-Periwinkle
Daughter of pig farmers, she decided to move to the city to improve her situation. She currently works at the train station selling train tickets, but is saving up her money to take a trip on the Airship Tempus Marauders so that she can collect unique specimens for the botanical curator at the museum. She is currently residing at a boarding house.

I picked the name "Tempus Marauders" for the airship to gently allude to its time travelling capabilities! Get it? Time thieves? I think I have put too much thought into this back story.

But seriously, I need to stop picking weird/not obvious costumes. No one at my work had ever heard of steam-punk before! And last year no one knew that I was a mummy :/ Next year I am picking something easy and obvious.

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps a bit obscure, but so what? It's AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! It took awhile to find all the pieces, all I had originally were the boots. More things to add to my costume box!

      Delete
  2. OMG, I LOVE THIS!!!! And, yes, I did need to use all caps for that. My husband and I had a steampunk wedding and are using the aesthetic as inspiration for our home office. A+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how it came out, just so hot to wear!!! Last year I was so cold for Halloween so I figured more layers would be better. Nope!

      Delete