Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Lime Shrimp & Avocado Salad

Loved this so much! It was so tasty that I wanted to eat all of it, but I portioned out some of it for my lunch the next day. Sad face. Next time I will make more!

Found this via: SkinnyTaste (Her photos are much better!)

My changes: mini salad shrimp instead of large, I added more cilantro, and celery for some crunch.

Ingredients

Dressing
2 limes, juice of
1 TS olive oil
1/4 cup red onion, diced
Salt, just a pinch

Salad
1 lb shrimp
1 tomato, diced
1 avocado, diced
1/2-1 jalapeno, minced (I used half, but I could have used the whole thing, it was pretty mild)
2 TB cilantro
2 celery ribs
Salt and Pepper

Mix all the sauce ingredients together and let sit for at least five minutes to let the onion mellow out a bit. Then mix in all the other stuff, adding salt and pepper to taste. So easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment