Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekend food prepping and other things:

 
 I decided to try to do some food prep on the weekend to save me time in the mornings when I'm making our lunches. I think I planned too many things, so I didn't get through my whole list. I was happy with what I was able to get done though. There is just so much time I want to spend in the kitchen! Maybe I shouldn't do it the same day I do yard work and inside chores. Too many things!
My food prep:

  • Sugar snap peas
  • Carrot sticks and celery sticks
  • Hard boiled eggs
  • Chicken salad (mine is separate because I put red onion and curry powder in mine)
  • Cinnamon Toast Crunch treats
  • Peach slices (I think I shouldn't have cut these up already, I think they are going to get mushy)
  • Jello (made from unflavored gelatin and fruit juice)
  • Frozen sliced bananas for smoothies

I also went for a hike:
They have old rusty farm equipment laying around some places.

And ate In-N-Out after for lunch:

So delicious!

Mix of healthy and un-healthy, so my style :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow...look at you, ya little organized worker bee. I'm just working on actually planning meals ahead of time and making sure we have the right groceries instead of being all...uh...what are we going to eat tonight? I dunno? Cereal? Want to go across the street and get a sandwich & fries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband wasn't happy about me making the chicken salad in advance: he says it gets weird. So that is a no for next time.

      Usually I have frozen meat and veggies in the freezer, and various starchy things in the cupboard. I take out random meat the night before, and then try to piece together a dinner before I get home. Usually this just means to put the meat on the forman grill and steam some veggies and boil some rice. Ta-da, dinner :) But I'm trying to go for more fresh produce that I don't forget about and gets all wilty and ugly and then I have to throw it out.

      Delete