Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Finally a green thumb on something!

  Proof that I don't kill every plant, hooray!
It's like a waterfall of leaves :)
My husband thinks this thing is ridiculous and wants me to trim it. It's so heavy on one side that it's tilted! 
I think that it's funny that it gets caught in my hair when I take a bath. Also, when I'm sitting in the tub, one of the little leaves cups my nose perfectly. It's like a little hug from my plant.
A slight compromise, meaning not really, I bought a new and much larger container. Jellybean would rather I got rid of the thing. I just want a big monster plant. 

So let's hope I didn't kill it by transferring it! Fingers crossed.

7 comments:

  1. I love this plant! I love how it's reaching for the sun in its growth! And what the heck is with the green spider thing on your soap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green spider was part of a friends costume for Halloween last year and she left it in my bathroom. I liked how it looked so I've left it... not something I would choose to decorate my bathroom with (green glittery plastic spider?) but since I'm the only one that really uses this bathroom (it has no SHOWER!) it stays :)

      Delete
    2. I just realized that a spider theme keeps coming up with my house...

      Delete
  2. Just love this! Laughing out loud reading this one.

    Kate x
    Kate at Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I think this plant is funny so I'm glad I was able to make someone else laugh about it too!

      Delete
  3. That plant looks awesome! I, too, kill plants. I often say I have a black thumb. My husband and I got an ivy plant as a housewarming from our insurance agent at the closing of our house a year ago.....so far it's still alive. My husband says he wants to put so many plants in the house that it looks like a jungle. We're starting slowly.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Update* A lot of the leaves turned yellow after I transplanted it :( :(

      I would ♥ a jungle in my home! Every time I go to Lowe's I get tempted to buy all the large plants. I need to work on my planting skill first though. I'm like at a negative skill level right now.

      Delete