Saturday, July 20, 2013

Caturday: My cat thinks she is a hunter.

 My cat is trying to make herself really flat on the root (which isn't working too well for her) while keeping an eye on the squirrel to the left (not in photo).

It was on the ground but scampered up the tree when I tried to take a picture of it. It doesn't seem to be too afraid of my cats, but does seem more wary of me. It didn't seem very happy with my intrusion and kept flicking its tail and chirping at me. Or whatever you call that ugly noise they make. I wonder if this is the same one that tried to maim me with an apple the other day... These things are mean.
This is later in the same day. Once again she is trying to be really flat. Cracks me up, especially when she "runs" with her body flat to the ground. She is ridiculous. The squirrels have learned that she is not a threat and have gotten use to going in the yard when she is there.
In case you can't see the tiny little thing:
We have lived in this house for two years now, and my cats have caught a total of zero creatures. ZERO. Not for want of trying though. The birds and squirrels kept their distance at first, but I have noticed that there seems to be more birds and squirrels chilling in the yard this summer. I am glad my kitties are not great hunters though, what would I do with a dead animal! That would make me full of sad. Even for the bratty squirrel that threw the apple at me.

Happy Caturday!


6 comments:

  1. I love how the squirrel is giving you this look like "This isn't your tree; this is MY tree." :)
    Isabelle is very guilty of "thinking" she's tough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think since she (my kitty) can beat me up she thinks she is pretty tough :) Little does she know that I'm a wimp.

      Delete
  2. LOL! At least your cat knows it should be hunting the squirrel. Mine would probably rush up to it and insist on a chin scratch, because according to her every other creature on the planet was put here to pet her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I didn't think of it that way! Better for her to chase them than to cuddle, I don't think the squirrels would appreciate that.

      Delete
  3. We used to live in the country and our cats were indoor/outdoor cats; they were rather adept at hunting and would bring us all manner of kills. I am a city girl and did not handle this well....especially the time the cat brought in a LIVE SNAKE as I was trying to pack for our trip to Europe....I was not amused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If any of my cats brought me a LIVE animal I think I would have a freak out. Luckily they are fat and too slow :)

      Delete