Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Ahhh!

Seriously what the flip! That thing is flippin' HUGE. 

The first time I was unfortunate to spot it, it was resting on the step to the garage. Like, FOUR INCHES FROM MY BARE FEET. I didn't notice it until my return trip to the main part of the house. I was too slow (and scared) to smash it, so it clicked-clacked it's way back under the water heater. Yes, the flippin' thing made an AUDIBLE noise when it scurried away!!!

Luckily (I guess?), it came out again the next night and my husband sprayed it first with poison to slow it down than smashed it. Normally I'm the one that smashes all the bugs and insects but I just couldn't with this one. Something about it being almost half the length of my foot kind of terrified me.

I know I JUST went to a museum to appreciate nature and science, but it's hard to appreciate it when it is in your house plotting your demise.


Thank you Jellybean!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my God! Eew-eew-eew-eew! And the click-clacking....oh my God! Creepy! And you know that thing was just sitting there thinking...waiting...plotting.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were leaving the garage door open for the kitties but no more. I don't want those things in the house!

      Delete
  2. *runs screaming from computer*

    I typically don't kill spiders, but when you can hear them, they've got to go.....

    At least it wouldn't have been able to sneak up on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to have a no kill policy... until this house. I even rescued spiders from classrooms. There are just too many in this house, and are big enough that I can see their fangs. Not cool.

      Delete