Thursday, June 13, 2013

Seafood Watch

Monterey Bay Aquarium has a free app called "Seafood Watch" which helps you buy/order sustainable seafood. They had a booth at the Sunset Magazine Expo, which is how I found out about it.

I use to have a list that I got from my Environmental Studies class, but the app is better for several reasons. 
One: Its harder to lose :) 
Two: It has a much more intensive list than what is feasible to put on a little piece of paper and 
Three: It is updated often.

If you eat sushi or buy fish to make at home, I really recommend downloading this app. I am not a super hard core "save the earth" kind of gal so this is one way for me to make a difference with a minimal amount of effort.

There is a lot more information on their website, go check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Every day I find myself becoming more and more of a food activist. This app is great! I've been trying to only buy organic/natural non-GMO food lately and it has been challenging to say the least. I'm always on the lookout for good app. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to slowly go the non-processed food route, but it takes so much more effort! I'm hoping by going the slow route I will be able to stick with it. I no longer buy pasta-ronis even though they are so yummy!

      Delete