Thursday, June 6, 2013

Gifts from Abroad

I am fortunate to have friends that travel and bring me gifts :)

This cute little clay turtle is from Cambodia:
And these cute little socks are from Korea:

Sometimes I think I would like to travel, but then I remember it makes me cranky. I have realized this in the amount of traveling that I have managed to do in my life, which isn't much. 

If I were to travel far, I would need to factor in a lot of down time, during and after the vacation. Maybe not everyone is meant to travel. So I think if I ever have the extra cash to such things, I will spread the locations out over several years, and not attempt to go somewhere every year. 

But, this is talk of dreams because I have no extra cash, only a home that needs a lot of repairs. So for the time being, I think I will let my friends travel for me! I love hearing their stories about their travels and the different cultures.

6 comments:

  1. I always have people bring me back post cards, even from seemingly mundane places; I don't even make them mail them to me....maybe someday I'll do something crafty with them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be a cool craft project! Gifts are really fun; I think even mundane places have a story :)

      Delete
  2. I love getting little gifts from people's travels! And incidentally, I love the earrings hanging above the socks! :) I do enjoy travel, but there's also the money factor and the responsibility to other people and my cats and such factor. I guess I'm kind of a homebody, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The purple earrings to the right are the ones I wore to my wedding, and the ones to the left my mom had bought me for Christmas one year... over ten years ago? I should take a picture of the whole jewelry holder, its a metal tree, really cute. My dad and his new wife purchased that for me a couple years ago. I am a homebody too, sometimes the adventures in a good book is enough for me :)

      Delete
  3. How lucky are you to have friends that travel! I think that it would be nice to have a sort of pen-pal to write postcards or send little gifts to from different travels around the world- wouldn't you?

    I found you on BlogLovin' and gave you a follow :)

    thebunnyblossom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the penpal idea! I think part of the allure of travel is being able to share those experiences.

      Thanks for being my newest follower!

      Delete