Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Lasagna Rolls

I like making lasagna rolls instead of a regular lasagna for several reasons. One: I feel like it's much cleaner to serve. Two: I can easily portion it out for dinner and lunch. Three: They are cuter. Yeah, that is totally a reason.

Lasagna Rolls (makes six rolls):
For cheese filling:
1 beaten egg
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

6 lasagna noodles
1 jar of pasta sauce (about 24 ounces)

This recipe is from the Lasagna recipe in my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. I don't usually make the meat sauce that is included, I feel like we eat so much meat already.

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
Cook six lasagna noodles according to package directions.
Mix together the cheese filling while the noodles cook.
Layer the bottom of your baking dish with some of the sauce.
Assemble your noodles (cheese mixture and sauce), roll, and place seam side down into the baking dish.



Cover with the rest of the sauce.
Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and or Parmesan cheese
Tent loosely with foil.
Place in oven for about 35 min

Garlic Butter: 
1 or more cloves of garlic (depends on how much you like garlic. I love the stuff so I usually use at least two)
1 stick of salted butter

Mince garlic (I do this in a food processor), add a stick of butter, process until mixed together. If you make more than you need, it freezes nicely.
I melted the butter and dunked each crescent piece into it and then rolled them up. Cooked according to package directions. Normally I like to use french bread for garlic bread but this is what I had on hand.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God, this looks AMAZING and like something I can and would actually make! Definitely doing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is super easy, one of reasons i like making it. i don't always like to spend forever in the kitchen doing prep :)

      Delete