Monday, May 20, 2013

Cherry Blossom Festival

San Francisco! I love the houses here, even if they are all close together and have no yards. Look at that purple house! Want.
 My friends little doggie :) She is such a sweetie. We took BART and than walked, so she needed to put in the backpack.
 First we stopped by the Earth Day festival. Very interesting. They were doing yoga on the grass, but I felt weird taking pictures of the people. Some people were so flexible!

I was also asked to join this girls "spaceship", which was a spot in the middle of large gongs. You sat there while the hit the gongs... I didn't. She was wearing unicorn ears and had her face painted. I asked if the gong thing was a meditation thing, and she said it wasn't anything. It was what ever you wanted it to be.
 I think if you donated some money, you were able to help paint this wall mural.
Free tea! I haven't tried Honest Tea before. It was very tasty. Love me some peach.
My friends and I are so square we didn't realize what day is was. 4/20. These guys were headed to a different festival. Guess which one.
 Finally to our destination! 
 Free sake right away! (Donation optional)

 Free SoyJoy. I did not really enjoy it. Very... cakey?
 Free yogurt! This one had two of my favorite things: Caramel and Pineapple! How could you go wrong? Loved it!


 Ikea met so many other dogs that day. She was so good! I loved that so many people brought their pets.
 First time trying Takoyaki (octopus balls). The line was really long.
 Ha, look how cute that octopus is!


 Verdict? GOOD!
 Sake mojito and sake cherry mojito.
 Hot-dog with seaweed.
 Gyoza (aka pot stickers), California rolls and I forget what the other thing was. It was tofu with rice inside I think. Not a fan of that one. But the other two were yummy. Hard to go wrong with Gyoza.
 I loved how they organized the waste. They even had someone there to help you know which receptacle to place your items.
 WANT this dog! I believe it's an Akita. It was so fluffy!
 For a donation they wrote any word you wanted in Japanese on a paper fan. I asked for my last name since it is already Japanese :) Though it kind of threw her off, and she wasn't exactly sure how to write it out.
 Mostly I took this photo because of the two girls running this booth. Their hair is super adorable!!!
 My friend was getting a caricature of her drawn. It came out pretty cute. The guy drawing it was so funny, I almost wanted to get one of me done as well. But the idea of sitting there and having someone stare at you seemed really awkward.

 Okay, if you only try one thing at a Japanese Festival, it has to be this! Imagawa-yaki is a pancake like thing with red bean paste in the middle. Doesn't sound too great, BUT IT IS. This line was mega long but totally worth it.

 Eat it right away for the best flavor! Want more!
Heading home on the BART. Had a great day with my friends, and I will definitely be coming back next year!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! An update! It's a lot of Ikea butt and my belly that is fine =) I am glad you had fun! I can't wait to go next year too! I can't help I am such a fattie, I love the food there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I didn't notice including your belly! Sorry :/ I had a ton of fun, but I think it would be hard not to with you and Bob.

      Delete
  2. seems like a fun day! and the food looks so gooood ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day! Exhausting, but I def want to go again next year.

      Delete