Monday, April 15, 2013

Wind Chime

When I first moved into my home, the trees were bare and I had no idea what they were. What a lovely surprise to find out this one sprouted these gorgeous purple flowers!

 Perfect place for this lovely turquoise wind chime (gifted from a friend)

I can view it from the kitchen window when I'm doing the dishes. Something pretty to distract from chores :)


This tree was on my list to dig up and get rid of, but it redeemed itself in the spring. Glad I procrastinated! I have gotten rid of a lot of vegetation (about 20 rose bushes and 3 trees), which makes me feel like I hate plants. I still have about thirty trees* in my backyard, so I haven't gotten rid of everything!

*I'm not sure if twenty of them are considered trees or bushes? They are taller than me and have leaves only at the top. They line the back fence. I will have to post a photo of them someday.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had a backyard to fit all that in! We are hoping to get a bigger place in the years to come :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like having a yard... just wish that it was already landscaped. It's a bit of a mess!!! If I didn't have my tortoise, I would have liked something MUCH smaller. At least I get my workout every weekend in yard work :)

      Delete
  2. Our new house has a teeny tiny postage stamp size yard, and I'm trying to figure out exactly how to use the space. I'm comically bad at gardening and taking care of plants, but I think I want to try vegetables and some fruiting plants next year. We have a tree in our front yard (I honestly think it's a bush/tree that's been trained to grow like a tree). I have no idea what it is, but it doesn't seem to have any redeeming properties except it's well established. I don't want it, but I don't want to kill a tree, either. I'm stuck!! I wish I had your resolve to take things out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting a *little* bit better on not killing plants... but not much :) I think I was able to uproot some trees only because I have so many! I think if I were to have less, I would be less inclined to take anything out, no matter how much I didn't like it. One I had to get rid of because it was in the way of the new gate we put on the one side of the house. My plan is to buy more plants (that I actually want) to replace any that I get rid of. Trying to keep a balance at least!

      Delete