Monday, April 29, 2013

Tama-Chan: Watermelon Cooler


My dental hygienist told me a story about one of her friends that is always yo-yo dieting to the point of getting faint at times. One time this girl was really craving watermelon and walked to the market to get one and as she was carrying it home, she became faint and dropped it. So she was just standing over her broken watermelon and crying. This is a sad and funny story at the same time. 

That girl could have benefited from this Tamachan Watermelon Cooler. That story was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this product! Because really, how many watermelon related stories does any one person have? I think this is my only one. 

If I lived alone again, I would totally buy this. It's silly, cute, ridiculous and yet strangely practical for someone who would walk to the market. When you don't have a car, you tend to not buy heavy items, or items that need to be kept cool. So potatoes, milk, watermelon, and ice-cream are usually not on the list.

I think Tamachan is a name of flying turtle in a Manga. Since having a pet  tortoise, I have a soft spot for most things turtle, and I love the not so obvious turtle-esque-ness of this product. Yeah, I think I just made up a word.

This is *not* a sponsored post. I feel silly having to write that! Why would a company pay me or send me a 200 dollar product?

8 comments:

  1. This was so awesomely weird. And dude, I know exactly what you mean - it's so weird having to say "no one told me to say this, it's just my thoughts." But we live in a freaky world.

    I am sharing this post with my friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I saw this item, I had to post about it! It was too good to pass up :)

      Delete
  2. All I could think of was this banana slicer on Amazon.

    http://www.amazon.com/Hutzler-571-Banana-Slicer/dp/B0047E0EII/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367265609&sr=8-1&keywords=banana+slicer

    Read some of the reviews (if you haven't seen it already). It's life changing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg sooooo funny!!!! reminds me of the comments on this:

      http://www.amazon.com/BIC-Cristal-1-0mm-Black-MSLP16-Blk/dp/B004F9QBE6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367331402&sr=8-1&keywords=female+pen

      are there more products with funny, tongue in cheek reviews??? people are so clever!

      Delete
  3. Love it! Who knew products like this even existed....

    Kate x
    Kate at Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right??? If I was in charge of new products there would be none. I'm just not creative in that way!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is really specific! I think that is part of what makes me giggle over it :)

      Delete