Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Cookie Dip

Typically this is called "fruit dip"... but since I mainly use it for cookies, I am renaming it Cookie Dip. My older sister had compiled a bunch of recipes in a binder for me once many years ago and this recipe was in it.

It does taste very yums with strawberries... but eating it with Milano cookies is my favorite use for it. My husband likes to eat it with these peanut butter cookies from Trader Joes, but they didn't have any when we went there. Sad face.



Ingredients:

1 jar of marshmallow cream
1 block of cream cheese (room temperature)
a splash or two of vanilla (I don't measure it, sometimes I'm in a more vanilla-y mood than others)


Why am I including this photo? Mostly to show how much vanilla I used this time. Just looks so gross. Anyway. Mix it all together (I used a hand mixer), and serve with your favorite cookies and/or fruit. 


The finished product fills maybe two of this small dish. If I am making Cookie Dip for more people than just me and my husband, I almost always double the recipe.

10 comments:

  1. Wow that seems dangerous and looks delish!
    Stop by some time http://styledlikearockstar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made it for my friends once and they went crazy for it. One of them ended up making it almost every weekend until she got sick of it!

      Delete
  2. This looks soooooooooo good!!! And I love those cookies! Must try this asap! I think it's perfectly acceptable to rename something, btw! :) So glad you linked up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wasn't sure about renaming it... but it just seemed silly to keep calling it fruit dip when I only make it to eat with cookies!

      Delete
  3. I love Milanos but i have never had it with dip that would be interesting I have to try it

    Navin
    www.monthlyfreebiez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the textural difference. Sometimes I will eat Milano cookies with vanilla ice-cream too.

      Delete
  4. This looks pretty yummy; I love renaming recipes. Do you refrigerate this at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If i'm making it for any time after two hours, i do refrigerate it.

      Delete
  5. Oh wow! That sounds delectable and I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do, let me know how it turns out! Or what you like to eat it with :) Everyone seems to find their own use for it.

      Delete