Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Slow Cooker: Caramel Brownies

I'm not going to lie, I think every thing cooked in the slow cooker looks disgusting. These probably most of all. They are not something I would make to bring to someones house since it looks like... well. Let's not say what it looks like.

Oven baked brownies are superior and cook faster, but if you don't have access to an oven, like how I didn't for three years, then this is the next best thing.

But they are yummy. I promise.
Prepare brownies as box instructs (I mixed mine in the slow cooker to cut down on dishes)
Pour 1 can of condensed milk on top
Cover and cook on low for about 2 hours: do a knife check, if clean, cook another 20-30 min with the lid off so that the condensed milk can solidify.
My husband asked me if they are suppose to look like that. Um, yes?

My brownies took a very long time. I think I should have cooked them on high instead of on low.

But these were a definite yum! I will be making these again, just need to figure out the timing and heat level.

Inspired by:

5 comments:

  1. Never had a caramel brownie before, how was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They came out very rich! Could only eat a small amount. I thought they came out pretty yummy, but I don't know if it was worth the wait. Baking is much better!

      Delete
  2. I feel like you read my mind, I was craving brownies for breakfast this morning. haha Following you back now! Can't wait to see what other tasty treats you have! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw those boxed brownies in Target the other day & I literally stared them down for like 10 seconds lol yumm.. I'm following you back :) thanks for following me & leaving a comment!

    miyaloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete