Friday, February 1, 2013

A Helpful Guide: G-Strings


Once upon a time, I use to work in a lingerie store at one of the many malls in this area. I worked there for four years, and before my current job, that was my longest employment. It's too bad I didn't have this blog then, I would have had some interesting stories (and maybe a better title). This would have been a good place to vent, as retail work is usually... full of annoying customers. I do not remember all the little details anymore, sad face.


THOUGH: I did come across a very amusing thing.


Apparently, one of the brands we carried were concerned that their unsophisticated American customer would not know how to use their product and supplied us with little flyers to post in the fitting room. (This company didn't make all bad choices: they did send us some mannequins for the front window that were not your usual pale whiteness, they were brown toned, which several people made a point to come into our store and express appreciative to this point which made me realize that dang, there really aren't very many varied toned mannequins out there!)

What I imagine being their thought process of the American consumer:




This g-string is one of their products, and there is nothing weird about it! It's not like this was before the thong song or anything, so people were definitely aware of how to wear these. I haven't worn it much because when I do bother to wear such tiny undies (boyshorts are my jam, ya'll. To the point that my husband and sister call them "heather underwear"), I prefer a small triangle instead of a 'T' back. The T makes your butt look square at the top. Not a good look. The triangle gives a round appearance.  Triangle? Round? Do I even know shapes?

Trust me. I'm a certified professional bra fitter. I have the certificate somewhere to prove that.Why that would also translate to professional underwear...person, but just roll with it.


We did not post the flyer in the store! I still like to think that this was completely done tongue in cheek, on purpose, and was meant to be informative in a sarcastic manner. Because there is just no way someone wrote that being completely serious, right?

12 comments:

  1. Very Interesting article, is that TGiF Blog hop still open?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I believe it is still open, go link up!

      Delete
  2. oh wow lol I wish I would have read the flyer before Ive been doing it all wrong too

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I could not stop from laughing. Not only was the flyer hysterical, but your pictures are priceless. I wonder if they have something similar for granny panties and other style underware. TOO FUNNY!

    PS- You have a new follower! I found you on the TGIF blog hop and would love it if you stopped by my blog some time at www.9months18years.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reading and following! my husband offered to take the pics for me, but i knew i wouldn't be able to stop laughing if someone was actually watching me do those pics! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my God - awesome! Laughed so hard! Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, new follower from the Friday Chaos linkup. This is hilarious! So good. Loved reading this post. :)

    xo,
    Kristin
    aboutagirl.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I feel pressure to always be this funny :) Thanks for following!

      Delete
  6. Hilarious - just love it.

    Kate x
    http://www.kateathome.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad that I had saved it (and found it)!

      Delete