Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Word me That: Is it Grey or Gray?


Grey vs. Gray

Apparently, both are acceptable spellings.

Grey is used more outside the US and Gray is used more in the US.

For me, gray makes me think of lighter grays and grey makes me think of darker greys. I still just prefer the spelling of gray with the 'a" regardless of what shade of gray I'm referring.


But apparently the way I think is wrong :(






Grey
Gray
#D3D3D3
#808080
211 211 211
128 128 128



Linking up with Because Shanna Said So for Random Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. It is always grey in England (but learning how to re-spell now I am this side of the Atlantic).

    Love the pink top and the bows on the shoes.

    Kate x
    http://www.kateathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so weird to me that England and America has such differences in our languages: word meanings and spellings! Both spellings are considered correct, so you can continue with your "grey" :)

      Delete
  2. This is a lovely combo. The gray is a comfortable color and the peach is so light and feminine... so it is perfect. I also love the shoes. Nice.
    I am following you now and would love for you to follow along.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soft and feminine is exactly right! I will be checking out your blog shortly :)

      Delete
  3. OMG! Those shoes!!!

    Oh, and I really grey and pink together....and I guess I spell grey with an 'e' since that's what my fingers automatically did...the things we learn about ourselves

    ReplyDelete