Tuesday, January 15, 2013

What am I?

I am not a nerd 
(and can we all agree she is the quintessential girl-nerd?)
  • I'm not tech savvy.
  • I'm not a gamer. (I have been told the Sims do not count. My husband calls this glorified doll playing.)
  • I'm not a fan-girl of anything.
  • I don't read comic books. (I have started the Walking Dead series which are my husbands)
  • I don't read manga.
  • I'm not majoring in engineering or computer science. 
I am not a girly girl
  • I'm not good with makeup.
  • I don't know how to fix my hair.
  • I don't wear perfume.
  • I don't wear jewelry (Sometimes I remember to put in earrings, but rarely)
  • I don't do manicures or pedicures.
  • I don't meet my friends for fancy cocktails.
  • I don't have a designer purse to hold my designer dog.
  • Bugs and creatures don't freak me out (usually, a spider in the bed can cause me to scream)
  • Pink is not my favorite color.
I'm not an alternative girl
(I tried to be cool like this girl in high school and failed miserably)
  • I don't have any tattoos.
  • I don't have any facial piercings.
  • I don't listen to cool music.
  • I don't spend my free time going to concerts.
  • My hair isn't dyed any crazy colors.
  • I don't work in a cupcake shop.
I'm not a hipster
  • I wear glasses because I have to.
  • I don't own a typewriter.
  • I don't have a mustache tattoo on my finger.
  • I don't know how to knit.
  • I don't shop in thrift stores.
  • I don't drink craft/artisan beers.
  • I don't have a bike.
  • I don't have a designer chicken coop at my downtown loft apartment.
  • I don't drink tea (if I do, it's from a k-cup and I'm told that doesn't count as "real tea").
  • I don't think that bacon is a food group.

I'm not a foodie
  • I eat (and like) Taco Bell.
  • I don't buy organic, grass fed beef.
  • I don't go to farmers markets.
  • I don't drink wine.
  • My knife skills suck.
  • I don't can my own food.
  • I don't make all my food from scratch.
I'm not a tomboy
  • I don't like sports. Watching or doing.
  • I don't like beer.
  • I don't know how to change a tire or fix a car.
  • I don't know how to drive a motorcycle (though I did try. I fell. A lot.)
  • I don't like guns.
  • I'm not aggressive.
  • I don't wear baggy clothes.
I'm not a mom
  • I only have fur babies and I'm told those don't count.
I am not a hippy
  • I am not a vegan/vegetarian.
  • I don't have my own vegetable garden.
  • I don't smoke pot.
  • I don't own anything tie-dyed.
  • My style would never be described as "boho".
  • I don't make my own granola.
  • I always wear a bra.

unfortunately, I am a crazy cat lady
why couldn't I be something cool???

  • I have three cats.
  • I have four stray cats that come to my door twice a day to be fed.
  • All of them have been named (Boston, Peaches, PianoCat, FluffyTail).
  • I will try to pet any cat I come across when I go for walks.
  • I have taken pictures of me with said random cats.
  • I do entertain the idea of stealing these cats.
  • I have let the stray cats come into my house.
  • I bought them a little doghouse for the winter.
  • I will (and have) buy a shirt just because it has a cat on it.
What kind of person are you? Do you fall into one of the categories above? 

I'm just having a bit of fun trying to label and categorize! This is my own interpretation. Anything you think I should add or change?

Some things I didn't add because I actually do them: like eat from food trucks, wear flowers in my hair, and play boardgames.

Helene in Between

9 comments:

  1. I think I have parts of all of the categories, but I am not any of these things.

    * I help the old people at work when their computers are being wonky.

    * I haven't outgrown playing Super Mario Brothers, which I guess makes me a retro gamer.

    * I have interests ... you could probably call me a Gleek.

    * I only read webcomics.

    * I definitely do not read manga, although I do pronounce it correctly.

    * I'm majoring in Psych.

    * I like to think I'm good at makeup and hair.

    * I'd wear perfume if it didn't affect my asthma.

    * I wear necklaces sometimes and I wear my wedding set. I have an interest in gemstones.

    * I let my finger and toenails grow for long periods of time until they're gross and them I clip them off.

    * I don't like alcohol.

    * I love purses, but they must cost less than $10 or I won't buy them.

    * I don't have a dog ... I have one cat and she is my precious baby.

    * I often cannot decide if bugs and creatures are really cute or dangerous.

    * I don't like pink ... but I love deep magenta and once in a while I like to weary girly dresses.

    * No tattoos or piercings.

    * I have no idea if the bands I listen to are cool. I like music that makes me feel feelings, whether those feelings are giddy, grief, dramatic, or powerful.

    * I don't have the money for concerts. If I did, I'd totally go.

    * I like to color my hair very dark brown. One time it turned out orange, purple, red, and brown. I cried.

    * If I worked in a cupcake shop I'd eat it out of business.

    * I also wear glasses because I have to.

    * I do not own a typewriter either.

    * I don't get why mustaches are a thing.

    * I am not crafty in any way.

    * I am too fat probably to shop in thrift stores.

    * I hate beer.

    * I really really really want a bike.

    * I want to drink green tea because it is a miracle tea.

    * Bacon is delicious but it's so messy to make.

    * I will never eat at Taco Bell again.

    * I want to buy grass fed beef to avoid all the hormones, but I so rarely cook I figure why bother.

    * I need to go to farmer's markets, but around my area they're only open this time of year during times when I'm at work or sleeping.

    * I love wine, but I don't drink anymore.

    * I don't think I have knife skills beyond having an ability to chop things eventually.

    * I would like to can food and make it from scratch, but I don't currently.

    * I am not a tomboy in full.

    * I am not a mom in full.

    * I am not a hippy in full, but I COULD be a hippy if I tried.

    * I don't have enough cats to be a crazy cat lady, but my cat is my life and I donate heavily to no-kill shelters, and I have a ton of cat calendars, and I spoil the crap out of my cat by feeding her better food than I eat and buying her a ton of toys and things she doesn't need and I let her get away with everything.

    What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my favorite comment ever!!! :) I don't know what you would be either? Jill of all Trades maybe? Girl of many hats?

      Delete
    2. Aww, thank you! I like Jill of all Trades!

      Delete
  2. haha omg this post is great! I like to think that I am a mix of every category...so not one in particular. Following from the hope :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! thanks for also stopping by!

      Delete
  3. haha, it's so hard to be put inside a box right? I'm a little from every category and I like to try new things so even though I'm not a girly-girl, I'm open to having a pedicure ;P

    I am definitely a crazy cat lady though.. oh boy. I pet any random cat, my cats gets so jealous when I come home smelling of other cats!

    I'm following on Bloglovin' through the Tuesday Tango, glad I found your blog :)
    x
    Kitty & Buck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello fellow crazy cat lady! :) Thank you for stopping by and following! I think most people are not easily defined, though its fun to try :P

      Delete
  4. I, like so many others, fit a bit in each category. I often wish I could more easily define myself, but that would be so boring!!! I definitely fall heavily in the crazy cat lady category....I have 5 indoor cats and my husband won't let me feed any of the strays in the neighborhood....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish my category was something cooler, but crazy cat lady it is!

      Delete