Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Slow Cooker: Chicken Tacos

I decided to do a variation of what I normally do for tacos and use chicken (usually I use ground beef) and use the slow cooker (ususally I cook the meat in a pan). I placed four chicken breasts with a jar of salsa and some taco seasoning in the slow cooker, and put it on low for 8 hours while I was gone all day at work. Once home, I shredded the chicken and prepped some toppings.
Once you shred the chicken (this stuff shredded super flippin easy, I did this in no time), pour in the all the cooked salsa and mix together:
 My toppings (this is california so avocados is a must!):
 I also made "bean dip" which is just two ingredients:
Heat and mix until it looks disgusting (I used two cans of beans and 1/2 the large jar of the cheese). It should look something like this:

Two Recipe Post!

Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos:
1 jar Salsa
Chicken breasts (I used four)
Taco Seasoning

Place in slow cooker and cook on Low/6-8 hours. Shred chicken and mix in cooked salsa.

Bean Dip
Refried Beans
Salsa Con Queso
(portions depend on the consistancy you want, but I find two cans of beans for one normal size jar of cheese works for me and my Jellybean)

Heat and Mix

No comments:

Post a Comment