Monday, November 26, 2012

Breaking down the funny


I'm going to talk about a few things that make me laugh. There are a lot of things because I am easily amused, but here are a few examples:

Sometimes my husband will tell a really bad joke, but it becomes funny because he will go into a description about why it's funny (this is usually much longer than the original joke). If my Jellybean would be a character in a Disney movie, this guy is pretty close (humor-wise anyway):
Do you get my joke? Because your head, it's in the tuba.

Here are some other things that have been making me laugh:
  • that happened
  • said no one
  • using "yolo" ironically for mundane situations
  • nailed it!
Here are some examples because I'm going to pretend you don't know what I'm talking about and need further information:

The first one isn't really part of a "joke" per say, more of a response to something which makes it funny:
And... that happened...

These might be over-used but I love them anyway:

I am also known to include gun shooting motions with my fingers from my *ahem* breastal region and the word "bitches" to exemplify this point. (I'm going to order a rootbeer with lunch. Yolo bitches!)

My real favorite is "nailed it":

HAHA! Tell me that isn't funny! 

I love it because you are making a joke about yourself, which is really awesome. False/over confidence is something I find hilarious. Which is great for my husband because he has that over-confidence thing down! He is so over the top with it, it surpasses cockiness and douche-baggery. Yeah, that's a thing.

Let's see if I can illustrate these phrases with my real life:



Tell me what makes you laugh!


No comments:

Post a Comment