Thursday, October 18, 2012

Spicy Beef

This is one of my husbands favorite meals. I usually steam broccoli but today I used green beans:

I get the rice ready in the rice cooker (this takes the longest), start and finish the sauce, then cook the steak on my Forman Grill. I never thought I would use the Forman that much, but I have. Even when I had an oven. It makes dinner so easy!

Steamed Rice/Steamed Veggie/Grilled Beef/Spicy Sauce

Recipe*:
1 cup: Soy Sauce
1 1/2 cup: Water
3 Tb: Sesame Oil
1 Tb: Ground Black Pepper
1 ts: Ground Red Pepper (I just use one package of pepper flakes from take out pizza since this is the only recipe I use that calls for the stuff. We definitely have enough of those! I feel it's similiar enough?)
1 Tb: Granulated Garlic

3 Tb: Cornstarch

Combine all the top ingredients and bring to a boil, adding the cornstarch to thicken (I make a slurry out of the cornstarch to prevent clumping). Thats it!

*this is a copy-cat recipe of the spicy beef from Disneyland my husband found online. I have never had the original at Disneyland so I don't know how close it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment