Monday, September 3, 2012

New this week: Boden Maxi Dress

So I've really, really have been wanting a maxi dress. My petite-ness (and my unwillingness to have things altered) has prevented me from purchasing any. Unless I wanted to wear six inch platforms with the dress (which I do not. weird, I know) my options are limited. Then I saw this dress:
Boden Favorite Jersy Maxi Dress
Cute neckline with sturdy straps (I don't really care for speghetti straps) that will cover your bra (this is important because I am not always wearing a new, un-fuzzled, cute colored bra-and by this I mean not beige), lovely green color, interesting twist detail... After reading the reviews, they led me to believe that this dress could work. Many of them said the dress was "too short". This was exactly what I wanted to read! The smallest size was 2 petite though (I am normally a 0P or 00P in womans sizing). Do I risk it? And at that price? This would be my first purchase through Boden, though I puruse their site a lot. They have just recently added petite siziing, which was very exciting, but always the enduring question: is it petite enough? Are the straps going to be too long? The waist too baggy? The hem dragging on the floor?

And the result?

PERFECTION. Straps: Perfect. Length: Pefect. Waist: Perfect. Bust: Pefect. I can bend over and not worry about fabric hanging down.




Size 2P is almost too snug around the ribcage, which is a weird feeling! So I'm going to have to be careful how I wash it. I normally wash most of my clothes on the delicate cycle and hang dry them, so this will be added to that pile. The fabric is thick and soft, doesn't cling to my behind so I wont have to worry about panty lines. I love this dress! The only negative thing I have to say about the dress is how long it took to arrive: about a month.

Now I want to buy everything Boden!

No comments:

Post a Comment