Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Glossybox: August 2012

The internet has a lot of monthly subscriptions out there and I decided to give GlossyBox a try. It costs $21 a month and you get a box of about 5-6 beauty samples. It is a little bit pricier than other month subscriptions like BirchBox, but this one you have the chance of getting full samples. The box that it came in is very sturdy, I will be saving and using this for storage or gift giving. Its a lovely muted pink color with a crown emblem on top (my horrible photos do not do it justice). My first box was for August:









I am not a makeup person but I would like to expand and try some new things. It seems daunting to try and pick things out myself so I thought getting random samples would be an interesting way to try products.

My favorite is the lip gloss, its sheer and sparkly. A bit sticky though. The other item I liked was the heel rescue balm. This has gylcolic acid in it to help shed dead skin cells. It has a light citrus scent to it and absorbs well into the skin. I've been using it on my heels and they seem softer. Next: my Jellybean's feet!

I tried the eyebrow pencil, but I have never used one before so I felt like dork when I tried to use it. I liked how it went on, but I looked ridiculous. I think I used too much. Or it's too dark for me. Or both. I haven't tried the other products yet.

List of Items:

OFRA Universal Eyebrow Pencil (full size)

Senna Cosmetics Lipgloss Duo -(full size)

Caswell-Massey Almond & Aloe Hand and Body Emulsion (samples)

Sebastian Color Ignite Multi-Tone Shampoo (sample)

Sebastian Color Ignite Multi-Tone Whipped Conditioner (sample)

Alessandro Pedix Feet (sample)

I'm pretty satisfied with the items so far. I think I will do another month or so, but I don't think this is something I will do for long term. So many monthly subscriptions to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment