Monday, February 6, 2012

Apples and Bananas

This is something my siblings and I would sing (shout?)  in between giggling like mad men. We were probably very annoying.
(source)

A lake ta ate ate ay-ples and ba-nay-nays
A lake ta ate ate ay-ples and ba-nay-nays

E leke te eat eat ee-ples and bee-nee-nees
E leke te eat eat ee-ples and bee-nee-nees

I like ti ite ite i-ples and by-ny-nys
I like ti ite ite i-ples and by-ny-nys

O loke to ote ote oh-ples and bo-no-nos
O loke to ote ote oh-ples and bo-no-nos

U luke tu uut uut uu-ples and buu-nuu-nuus
U luke tu uut uut uu-ples and buu-nuu-nuus


The sentence is "I like to eat eight apples and bananas". Each time you say it, you replace the vowels with the long vowel sound. Incessant giggling is optional.

(A web search shows that this is variation of a boy scout camp song.)

No comments:

Post a Comment